John Salter (Chairman)
John has been living on the Sunshine Coast since 1995. He received his PhD from the University of New South Wales. Before this he was teaching with the School of English at UNSW, and later became the inaugural Literature Lecturer at the University of the Sunshine Coast (1996). He was later appointed Language Lecturer for the Postgraduate Qualifying Program (for international students) at Griffith University, a position which he held until his retirement in 2001. During that time, and since, John has developed an ever-deepening interest in community living, biodynamics, and the study (and life practice) of the writings of Rudolf Steiner (Anthroposophy). John joined the Management Committee of SCILS in 2011, and was appointed to president in 2013.
Jed McCormack (Deputy Chairman)
- Jed has been a successful businessman, and is now in semi-retirement,
- Jed is currently studying at University of the Sunshine Coast for a PhD in Psychology,
- Jed is also currently organising the support of 3 people with disabilities with high and complex support needs,
- Jed organises and trains the staff and has direct contact with the clients, Parent to parent administers the funding, and hence Jed has a close working relationship with Parent to Parent.
- Honours Degree Psychology – University of the Sunshine Coast
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) – University of the Sunshine Coast
- Diploma in Company Director – University of New England
- Certificate of Real Estate Practice – TAFE Queensland
- Bachelor of Business – Western Australia Institute of Technology